Lots to say, good choices, and a day off.

September 27, 2013

I was talking with my mom at breakfast the other morning when I told her I was tired but it was only Wednesday. She said "you are a full time student, a part time nanny, you have orchestra rehearsal once a week and play each weekend, and you are training for a marathon. Yes, you're tired." 

I realize I am trying to balance a lot in one semester but I felt a different kind of tired. After finishing my fourteen miler two weeks ago I felt good but the next training week I was tired, didn't feel recovered, and didn't feel 100% on each of my workouts. I took two naps last Tuesday which never occurs, not even one nap a week occurs. I have been pushing through my workouts this week when my body doesn't feel ready and I am still not recovered by the next day. I assumed it was because I ran fourteen miles and my legs were just a little sore. However, I have been feeling fatigue for two weeks now. I also assumed my thyroid levels were low since I have a history of hypothyroidism which it probably is but the doctors can't confirm it for another week. After talking with my dad today he told me I was overtraining which is dealt with by rest and food. While the above factors may play a role in how I have been feeling, overtraining is another one. My dad and I are going to figure out my training schedule later tonight and change it up a bit for the next few days.

Let's move on to better things. My morning started like the picture below and I think that is the best way to start the day. My mom is so wonderful and made breakfast for me! 


Here is my outfit for the day. About half of my closet contains stripes. Striped long sleeves, striped short sleeves, striped tank tops...  I like stripes.


I had a busy morning with class and a lab. One thing that I am proud of today- I finally washed my car! It was one of things that had been on my to-do list for about two weeks now but everything is always so busy I never could get to it. I made a really good choice for lunch and picked up a Subway sandwich on my way home. When I was ordering the guy was tearing up because of the onions and then I felt bad ordering onions on my sandwich because it probably made him tear up more. Also with lunch were grapes, chips, and a bowl of ice cream.


This little one left me today. Kathleen, my younger sister for those who are new to my blog, is with her cross country team until tomorrow night while they travel out of state. It has only been.... seven hours and I already miss her.


I took today off from all exercise. I am off to stretch my legs with these stretches I posted about yesterday. You have to scroll to the bottom of the post if you want to find them.

I hope you have a great Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the being tired part. I'm impressed by how smart you've been about listening to your body and knowing when to cut back. I could have learned a thing or two from you ;)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made my day :) I was sad with not being able to do my long run but reading what you said reminded me that I am doing this for my body. Thank you Madelynne!!

      Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. Don't be afraid to rest. Your body tells you when you need it, and your training will only be better for a day off. Or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. Thank you Stephani! I am just happy it is something I can fix now.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs