Weekend Favorites

August 19, 2013


This weekend was busy but it was also very fun! As I mentioned in my last post, Friday night I went to get dinner with my mom and sister at Whole Foods. Saturday morning I had my long run of six miles. My friend's family is helping her move back into her college apartment so I stayed with their younger daughter, McKenna, for the weekend. We went out to dinner, played mini golf, got pedicures, watched movies, danced with the Wii, went to church, and enjoyed having girls weekend! Pictures below are from Friday night's dinner.



Awhile back I decided to take a semester off playing my flute in the orchestra at my church. With being a nanny, training for a marathon, and having a harder semester, balancing it all seemed impossible. I used to play on Sunday mornings which meant I had to get up at six a.m. and be there until almost noon. We have had a break for the summer but after three months I missed playing. I switched to Saturday nights, got to play this weekend, and I am so excited to be back!

Saturday night was church and family night which included getting dinner at BurgerFi and eating free custard. So delicious.


This morning was the beginning of another training week. I had a 45 minute easy run on the schedule. My legs are definitely feeling better after a rest day yesterday. My younger sister started her first day of college this morning. I finished my run then went to have lunch with her. At Whole Foods nonetheless :) I didn't take pictures of that but here is a Garmin picture from my run.

 

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to go back and play the flute at church :) I used to play the piano at church but haven't in at least 10 years. Have a great training week!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs