New Shoes!

August 13, 2013


My new Mizuno Wave Elixir 8's came in the mail today which made the day extra exciting! The last time I bought running shoes I went to a running store and spent two hours finding the right pair. There were too many different kinds and I didn't know what I wanted so it was a bit overwhelming. I knew what shoe I wanted this time because I have read a bunch of other running bloggers who love them. I ordered them from Running Warehouse.

The review says it is: "a versatile shoe with some serious style, Mizuno Wave Elixir 8 is ready for anything. Light enough for racing yet protective enough for high milage training, this mild support shoe features a flexible upper and an accomodating fit, while the responsive midsole delivers a smooth heel-to-toe transition..." New shoes are always so exciting! I can't wait to try them out during my hour long run tomorrow. 

Cross training was on the schedule for today so I did a Body Beast: Build Legs video sequence. I made a big mistake... I spent the morning dropping my sister off at her cross country meeting then wasted ahem, spent a lot of time at home. When my mom and sister got home later in the afternoon they wanted to go out shopping so I went with them. I didn't start my workout until after 7pm. Yup, PM. Never again!


The 40 minute video was: a warmup, a super set, a giant set, another super set, then a cool down. The super sets have two weight routines without a break and the giant set has three weight routines without a break. I did a bunch of squats, lunges, calf raises, deadlifts and some abs all for the build legs routine. I'm glad I got the workout done instead of making up excuses! Have a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE them! Can't wait to hear how they work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you had them too, Lizzy!! They are amazing!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara! I found your blog through Madelynne and just had to tell you that I love your site (always love when I find a new running blog to follow! :) I've been running in the same style of Asics for years now but I've heard great things about Mizuno... maybe next pair, I'll give them a try too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! Thank you!! I am the same way, can't wait to check your blog out too!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs