Never give up on a dream...

July 24, 2013

Today is marathon training day 24. I can't believe July is almost over! This morning I had a 50 minute "moderate" run to do. My sister and I had planned on driving to a near hilly area/park to run in but we decided to run our normal loop. We started off the first two and a half miles at an 8:37 pace but my legs are super sore from the weights I did Monday and Tuesday so I slowed down to an 8:50. I didn't want to push myself too much because my weekly runs are about finishing the time given for that day not pace so I slowed down to a little over 9 minute pace per mile. 
 I came across this motivational poster on Pinterest and loved it so I will share the motivation with you.


And now for a recipe! A few weeks ago my family and I made this Spinach Manicotti and it quickly became my favorite dinner recipe. It takes a little while to make so make ahead!

Ingredients:
  • Ricotta cheese - 15oz
  • Frozen chopped spinach -10oz thaw and drain dry
  • Shredded mozzarella - 1.5 cups
  • Shredded parmesan cheese - 3/4 cup
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 jars (approximately 28oz each) pasta sauce (we homemake ours)
  • 1.5 cups of water (add 1/2 at a time)
  • 1 package of manicotti shells


Directions:
In a large bowl combine: ricotta, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup of the parmesan, egg, parsley, onion powder, pepper, and garlic powder. Combine pasta sauce and water. Spread 1 cup sauce in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with spinach mixture- arrange over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan. Cover and refrigerate or freeze for later. Remove 30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Enjoy! 

photo found from Google

2 comments:

  1. That spinach manicotti looks delicious! Nice job on sticking to a slower pace with your sore legs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soo delicious. Thank you! It's hard to slow down but it works out for the best. I am enjoying keeping up with your blog! Unfortunately blogger won't let me comment on yours so I am still figuring that out.

      Happy running!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs