Post Race Recovery

June 18, 2013


This is recovery week after my half marathon on Saturday.

I spent Saturday morning relaxing and resting. I also made sure to stretch and foam roll afterwards so I wouldn't be so sore. I never post food pictures but don't worry I did eat a lot! Later that afternoon my mom, sister and I went to church, out to eat, and then shopped for Father's Day. I had been craving a double meat double cheese hamburger all day and I finally got one that night! A few non-running photos are below.
 

Although I feel strong I’m taking this week slow. Recovery is important to avoid injury. There are plenty of post race recovery plans but I do my own plan for recovery week because only I know how I feel after a race. I took two days off of any exercise- only stretched. Today I am cross training -- indoor bike for about 20 to 30 minutes. My older sister gets into town next week and we are getting deep tissue massages! This is the sister training for a half ironman, we are treating ourselves for our hard work ;) I'm looking forward to that and to having her back in town!!

That's all for now! Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos! You know what's best for your body. Hope that froyo helped with recovery!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely- I thank the frozen custard for a speedy recovery ;)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs