Recovery Week

May 6, 2013

The last half marathon I ran in March I didn't know what recovery meant. I took one day off then started running again. My legs hurt and my runs were slow. I read on one of my half marathon training plans that one to two weeks after you finish a half marathon is where you rest and cross train but don't begin running until the end of the week. Good to know.

So, this week is recovery week after Saturday's half marathon.

Sunday: rest day
Monday: 25mins easy bike
Tuesday: rest day
Wednesday: short walk 

I had been following a beginners half marathon training plan for a couple of months but printed out an intermediate half marathon training plan to be under an hour and forty minutes at my next race! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs