Namaste

May 13, 2013

 Workout:
       3 mile walk
       Hot yoga/ 75mins


I normally stick to running every day because I enjoy it so much but before marathon training starts in five weeks I want to get in more strength training and cross training. These types of training are important for endurance runners and to be able to run 18 miles (and more) I will need a lot more strength.

Cross training has numerous benefits such as training opposing muscle groups, reducing risk of overtraining or injury, speed recovery, and reduces burnout. It also helps increase lean muscle tissue, boost metabolism at rest, and prevents muscle loss.

With how much I'll be running when marathon training starts I don't want to overdo it now. So I'm taking a few days off of running and trying different things at the gym. My goal for the next few weeks is to do more yoga/ pilates, weights, and cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs